Mariana Fernandez was born in Mexico and raised in a family full of athletes. She has been teaching yoga and meditation for over 10 years. Mariana’s classes focus on breathwork, alignment, and relaxation.
Her goal is to help students find balance in their lives. Mariana is a certified yoga teacher through the Yoga Alliance. She is also a registered nurse.
Who is Mariana Fernandez?
Mariana Fernandez is a Spanish-speaking yoga and meditation instructor at Peloton. She has been teaching yoga for over 11 years, and her classes focus on breathwork, alignment, and relaxation.
Mariana’s classes are suitable for all levels of students, and she is known for her ability to make complex concepts accessible to everyone. In addition to teaching yoga,
What Does Mariana Fernandez Teach at Peloton?
She offers yoga and meditation classes that range from beginner to advanced levels, as well as private sessions.
Some of the topics that Mariana covers in her classes include:
- Relaxation techniques
- Yoga postures
- Yoga philosophy
Read also: Marcel Dinkins: “I’m A Running Coach at Peloton”
Read also: Rebecca Kennedy – Ex Gymnastics turned into Peloton Strength & Tread Instructor
Mariana’s Journey to Becoming a Yoga Instructor
Mariana Fernandez was born and raised in Mexico. She has been practicing yoga since she was a teenager. After years of practice, she decided to become a yoga instructor so she could share her love of yoga with others.
Mariana completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training at a studio in Los Angeles. She then moved to New York City, where she taught yoga at a variety of studios before eventually joining the team at Peloton. Mariana is now a bilingual English/Spanish yoga instructor at Peloton, teaching classes that are both challenging and fun.
Mariana’s Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Yoga Practice
- Set an intention for your practice. What do you hope to achieve? Whether it’s increased flexibility, strength, or simply a sense of calm, having a goal in mind will help you stay focused during your session.
- Make time for a warm-up. Warming up your body before diving into more challenging poses helps prevent injuries and prepares your muscles for the work ahead. Spend 5-10 minutes stretching and moving slowly to get your blood flowing.
- Don’t push yourself too hard. Yoga is meant to be a relaxing and rejuvenating experience, so listen to your body and only do what feels comfortable. If a pose is causing you pain or discomfort, modify or skip it altogether.
- Breathe deeply. One of the most important aspects of yoga is breathwork. Taking deep and even breaths helps you focus on the present moment and lets go of any stress or tension you may be holding onto.
- Take breaks as needed. Again, yoga should be a relaxing experience, so if you need to take a break, do so! Drink some water, take some deep breaths, and jump back in when you’re ready.\
- Finish with a relaxation pose (or two). Once you’ve completed your practice, wind down with some gentle stretching or resting poses like Savasana (Corpse Pose). This allows your body and mind to fully absorb all the benefits.
Read also: Kirsten Ferguson – Certified Run Coach at Peloton
Read also: Introducing Mila Lazar, Your New Favorite Peloton Trainer
How Can I Sign Up for Mariana Fernandez’s Classes?
To sign up for Mariana Fernandez’s classes, visit the Peloton website and click on the “Classes” tab. From there, you can see a list of her upcoming classes and choose which one you’d like to attend. Then, to sign up, simply click on the “Sign Up” button next to the class you’re interested in.
While Peloton is more focused on running and cycling, the company now offers an online yoga class for the public. I personally joined her class at Peloton and was satisfied with what I got.
Mariana Fernandez is an amazing instructor and person. She truly has a gift for teaching and helping people to connect with their bodies and breath. Her classes are challenging yet fun, and she always manages to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable.
I highly recommend taking one of her classes if you have the chance!
Best Accessories Peloton Bikers Need
Here is a list of tested Peloton bike accessories that every rider needs. You can find these items reviewed in detail in our Peloton accessories guide.
Read also: 11 Best Peloton Heart Rate Monitors (undated regularly)
Read also: 7 Best Peloton shoes of the year (Updated Regularly)
You might also like