Rebecca Kennedy is a former gymnast who has made the switch to become a strength and tread instructor at Peloton. She’s always been an athlete, but after her competitive career in gymnastics ended, she wasn’t sure what was next.
That’s when she found Peloton. Rebecca was drawn to the company because of its mission to help people feel better and move more, something she is passionate about. As an instructor, Rebecca loves sharing her knowledge and experience with so many people from all over the world.
We will know more about her below!
Rebecca Kennedy: Brief Biography
|Full Name||Rebecca Kennedy|
|Rebecca Kennedy Age||33|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Rebecca Kennedy Husband||Still Dating|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter & Instagram|
Rebecca Kennedy Social Accounts
Who is Rebecca Kennedy?
Earlier Life and Family
Rebecca remains rather tight-lipped regarding her early years, with the exception of a few tidbits related to her professional journey. As an illustration, she frequently mentions her involvement in track and field, dance, and gymnastics during her formative years. Notably, she cherished an ambitious aspiration to become an NFL cheerleader, and to her delight, this aspiration came to fruition when she received an offer to join the Patriots Cheerleaders subsequent to her college graduation.
Presently, Rebecca Kennedy finds herself in a romantic relationship with none other than Andy Speer, her fellow Peloton instructor. Renowned for their prowess in both treadmills and strength training, they often attract a shared fan base. Furthermore, they both share an affinity for hiking and relish the opportunity to explore unfamiliar surroundings.
In addition to her vibrant personal life, Rebecca also has a beloved canine companion that she lovingly adopted from Puerto Rico. This furry friend holds a special place in her heart and shares her living space.
Beyond her Peloton classes, Rebecca goes the extra mile to motivate her dedicated followers through various social media platforms. She utilizes these channels to inspire individuals to lead active lifestyles, generously sharing insightful tips and comprehensive guides on maintaining fitness.
Rebecca Kennedy’s Hobbies
- Rebecca cherishes her furry companion, Sunny, sharing cherished moments and even sending birthday wishes on social media.
- Cooking is a true passion for Rebecca, and she has crafted an exceptional zucchini bread recipe that she adores.
- With an adventurous spirit, Kennedy finds joy in exploring new destinations, savoring unfamiliar cuisines, and discovering breathtaking hiking trails.
- Hiking holds a special place in Rebecca’s heart, and she has recently embarked on hiking adventures with her boyfriend, Andy Speer.
- Dance and cheerleading have captured Rebecca’s heart, leaving an irresistible influence on her even during her classes.
- Possessing a significant social media following, Rebecca never fails to provide her loyal fans with regular updates about her life and career.
- A cup of coffee is a staple on Rebecca’s breakfast menu, a beverage she consistently savors.
- Rebecca’s talks, workouts, and social media posts are imbued with her delightful sense of humor, always leaving her audience entertained.
Rebecca Kennedy’s Famous Quote
“You’re the keeper of your own body, and you’re making your own right choices.”
Rebecca Kennedy: Athletic Background
Before finding her true passion in fitness, Rebecca Kennedy was a competitive gymnast for ten years. She started gymnastics at three years old and competed through high school. She then went on to coach gymnastics while she attended college. However, she realized her true calling when she discovered group fitness classes.
After college, Rebecca became a certified group fitness instructor and began teaching classes at some of the top gyms in New York City. She eventually made her way to Peloton, where she’s been teaching strength and tread classes for the past year. Her unique background as a former gymnast and group fitness instructor has made her one of the most popular instructors at Peloton.
Overview of Rebecca Kennedy’s Peloton Classes
Rebecca holds the esteemed position of Director of Strength Training at Peloton, where she primarily focuses on conducting strength-based classes. Her expertise lies in providing comprehensive training sessions for the entire body, with special emphasis on core strength. Additionally, she also offers specialized classes targeting upper-body and lower-body strength training.
Apart from her proficiency in strength training, Rebecca possesses extensive experience as a treadmill trainer. This comes as no surprise, considering her lifelong dedication to track and field activities. Her presence can be found in both running and walking classes, although her repertoire predominantly features running classes for the treadmill. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy participating in her Bootcamp classes, particularly the hiking options, as attempting a running class with her might prove too challenging due to the immense energy requirements.
Furthermore, Rebecca actively contributes to the field of cardio training, where her classes predominantly revolve around HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) cardio workouts. The beauty of her sessions lies in their brevity, typically spanning between 10 and 30 minutes, making them easily manageable.
One of Rebecca’s recent programs, titled “Straight to the Core,” has gained immense popularity among current Peloton Guide users. The anticipation is high for it to become accessible to other Peloton users before the end of February 2023.
Rebecca’s training style is characterized by the incorporation of music that perfectly complements the exercises and intensity of the workout. Her ability to motivate and energize her class is unparalleled, even during the most demanding exercises. Ultimately, she strives to ensure that each user’s Peloton experience with her becomes the highlight of their day.
Interestingly, Rebecca serves as a source of motivation for her fellow Peloton trainers. In fact, Jess Sims has discussed Rebecca’s influential role in her podcast, highlighting the impact on her own strength training progress. Rebecca has amassed a significant following on social media platforms, and her treadmill and strength classes are highly sought after. Notably, her core and full-body moderate-intensity classes stand out as the most popular. As an example, a 10-minute core exercise video from 2020 has garnered over 300,000 views, while a full-body stretch routine has accumulated over 400,000 user workouts. Additionally, longer workouts such as 45-minute treadmill walks have accumulated over 30,000 user sessions, showcasing their appeal and effectiveness.
Popular Workouts from Rebecca Kennedy
- “STRAIGHT TO THE CORE POWER” Program: Embark on an exclusive 4-week journey with the “Core Power” program, available only on Peloton Guide. This comprehensive program is meticulously designed to enhance core strength and power through progressive overload training. As the weeks progress, class durations and technical difficulty gradually increase, and additional equipment is introduced for a well-rounded experience.
- “45-Minute Power Walk“: Prepare to be energized and get your body in motion with this invigorating 45-minute power walk. With a 5-minute warm-up, you’ll then enjoy 39 minutes of walking to an exhilarating playlist personally curated by Rebecca, before concluding with a 1-minute cooldown.
- “10-Minute Core Strength“: Join us on the floor for a transformative core workout that targets and tones your lower back and abdominal muscles. This 10-minute session, with a difficulty rating of 7.8 out of 95,797 ratings, will help you align, strengthen, and engage your core effectively.
- “20-Minute Full Body Stretch“: Prioritize your recovery with this soothing and revitalizing full-body stretch routine. Spend 20 minutes dedicated to loosening tight muscles and improving flexibility, allowing your body to recover and prepare for your next workout. The difficulty rating of this routine stands at 4.6 out of 86,555 ratings.
- “10-Minute Full Body Stretch“: Experience the benefits of a quick and effective full-body stretch in just 10 minutes. With a difficulty rating of 4.5 out of 79,135 ratings, this routine is designed to alleviate tension, improve mobility, and leave you feeling rejuvenated, ensuring you’re ready to tackle your next workout.
- “30-Minute Pop Fun Walk“: Let the rhythm guide your steps as you walk alongside Rebecca in this engaging 30-minute session featuring a lively pop playlist. Begin with a 4.5-minute warm-up, enjoy a 24.5-minute walking segment, and conclude with a 1-minute cooldown to wrap up your session on a high note. This workout holds a difficulty rating of 4.5 out of 76,164 ratings.
- “30-Minute 2000s Fun Run“: Relive the energetic beats of the 2000s as you run alongside Rebecca in this invigorating 30-minute session. After a 4-minute warm-up, embrace a 25-minute running segment that will push your limits and uplift your spirits. Conclude your run with a 1-minute cooldown, leaving you feeling accomplished. The difficulty rating for this workout is 7.0 out of 73,032 ratings.
- “45-Minute Walk + Run“: Achieve the perfect balance between walking and running in this dynamic Tread workout. Split your sweat 50/50 as you engage in a 45-minute session that challenges your endurance and combines the benefits of both walking and running. With a difficulty rating of 6.8 out of 465 ratings, this workout offers a fulfilling and diverse exercise experience.
Rebecca’s Advice for Strength & Tread Training
Rebecca Kennedy, one of the hottest Peloton instructors, former gymnast and current strength and tread instructor at Peloton, offers the following advice for those looking to get the most out of their training:
- Stay consistent with your workouts. Consistency is key when it comes to seeing results from your training. So, make sure to stick to a regular workout schedule in order to see the best results.
- Incorporate a variety of exercises into your routine. In order to keep your body guessing and prevent boredom, it’s important to mix things up with your workouts. Try incorporating different exercises and movement patterns into your routine so that you can continue making progress.
- Pay attention to form. Proper form is essential in order to avoid injury and get the most out of your workouts. Make sure that you are performing each exercise correctly before adding weight or increasing intensity.
- Listen to your body. It’s important to listen to your body and be aware of any pain or discomfort that you may be feeling. If something doesn’t feel right, make sure to stop and consult with a professional before continuing.
- Have realistic expectations. Results take time, so it’s important to have realistic expectations when starting a new training program. Be patient and trust the process – the results will come!
What It’s Like to Be A Strength And Tread Instructor At Peloton
According to her, it’s an incredibly exhilarating and rewarding experience. Every class is different, and every rider brings their own level of intensity and motivation. It’s up to the instructor to create a workout that challenges everyone in the room – no matter their fitness level.
It’s also important to remember that teaching a Peloton class is not just about the physical workout. It’s about creating a community and bringing people together. That sense of camaraderie is one of the things that makes Peloton so special.
Of course, being an instructor also comes with its fair share of challenges. You have to be constantly prepared for anything and everything, and you never really know what’s going to happen during a class. But that’s all part of the fun!
Rebecca’s Goals for The Future
Rebecca’s goals for the future are to continue to be a source of strength and inspiration for those around her. She plans to continue teaching at Peloton, as well as pursue other opportunities in the fitness industry. Her ultimate goal is to help people lead healthier and happier lives.
Is Rebecca Kennedy Married?
No, Rebecca Kennedy is not married but she is dating Peloton Instructor Andy Speer.
How Old Is Rebecca Kennedy?
Rebecca Kennedy is 33 years old.
What Was the Previous Profession of Rebecca Kennedy?
Rebecca Kennedy, a fitness instructor residing in New York, boasts an impressive background in the realm of physical fitness. With an array of talents under her belt, she has captivated audiences as a cheerleader, professional dancer, and even as a gymnast representing the United States of America.
What Is the Education of Rebecca Kennedy?
Rebecca Kennedy is graduated from Dean College and has a bachelor’s degree in Dance and Business minor.
What Is Rebecca Kennedy’s Sexual Orientation?
Rebecca Kennedy is dating Peloton Instructor Andy Speer. So, apparently, she is straight.
Does Rebecca Have A Background in Dancing?
Indeed, Rebecca Kennedy possesses a genuine passion for dance that she has nurtured since her early years. Her dedication to this art form led her to pursue a major in Dance during her college years. However, her journey didn’t end there. Following her graduation, she continued to showcase her remarkable skills by joining the ranks of the NFL as a cheerleader.
- Rebecca Kennedy Shares What She Eats in a Week
- Olivia Amato: Tread & Strength Instructor at Peloton
- Alex Karwoski – Rowing Olympian Joined Peloton!
- 11 Best Peloton Heart Rate Monitors (undated regularly)
- 7 Best Peloton shoes of the year (Updated Regularly)
- Mariana Fernandez – English/Spanish Yoga and Meditation Instructor at Peloton
- Katie Wang – Peloton female rowing instructor